Tuesday 31 March 2015

Stormy Weather

I see light flashing and flashing in the sky
I hear grumbling and mumbling up high
I see drops of water hanging themselves by the window
I hear voices of wind harmonising in the pipes hollow

Spray, splash
Crane, crash
Thud. BANG!
Dumb, CLANK!

Equal sound the mumbles
Timpani and cymbals
Water hits the roof
Like rocks and pebbles

A build-up, a crescendo
Then, a bright light from tomorrow
All of a sudden and poof
The ground screams out of sorrow

So dark and so bright
So windy and so white
A spark and a light
Then a sword forges to fight

Like paparazzi on the red carpet
Each passing flash scared kids to bed

Ah! But yes, the sound of nature
The great symphony, the overture
A controlled chaos
A therapy for us
A sound of remedy
A perfect melody

Comes the sun wipes all away
But the sun has come down anyway
As the curtain has fallen down
And the sky begins to frown

A coloured ceiling, dots of lights
A spectacular visual for those who are right
As Earth's shadow is cast upon us
Night comes, darkness, a veil or a curse?

But for how long could this be?
I imagine hours, it might be
While the ground shakes and the sky breaks
I'll see how long my sleep would take

5.53 pm, 31 March

No comments:

Post a Comment